About Team Nutrition
Team Nutrition is a United States Department of Agriculture initiative to improve the health and education of children by creating innovative public and private partnerships that promote food choices for a healthful diet through the media, school, families and the community. Team Nutrition encourages kids to make the following healthy choices:
- Eat a variety of foods
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains
- Eat lower fat foods more often
- Get your calcium-rich foods
- Be physically active
Become a Team Nutrition School!
Team Nutrition strives to improve the health and education of children by creating partnerships that promote food choices for a healthful diet through the media, schools, families and the community.
- USDA Team Nutrition – enrollment form and resources for educators, foodservice professionals, parents, students and childcare providers
- Illinois Team Nutrition Projects – Summaries of state projects funded through USDA Team Nutrition
Win Recognition in the HealthierUS School Challenge!
The HealthierUS School Challenge is a national recognition program for all schools that participate in the School Lunch Program and excel in promoting and supporting student wellness.
USDA HealthierUS School Challenge Resources
- HealthierUS School Challenge Homepage – information and resources to assist elementary schools in taking the challenge
- HealthierUS School Challenge Criteria (PDF) – easy reference chart for all the challenge criteria
- HealthierUS School Challenge Resources
- Online Option- now you can submit all your information online using the new HealthierUS School Challenge Interactive website.
- HealthierUS School Challenge Fact Sheet (PDF)
Illinois HealthierUS School Challenge Resources
- New! Illinois 2009 HUSSC Grant Schools Success Stories
- New! Illinois Schools Rise to the Challenge: HealthierUS School Challenge Success Stories
- HealthierUS School Challenge brochure (PDF) – learn how Illinois NET Program can help you meet the Challenge
- Revised! HealthierUS School Challenge Manual for Elementary Schools – a step-by-step manual to meeting Challenge criteria.Download or Call (800) 466-7998 for a free copy for Illinois schools.
- Schedule free HealthierUS School Challenge training. Request training online or call (800) 466-7998.
- Fuel Up to Play 60
Illinois Success Stories
- Silver medal award winning menus from Ridgeview Elementary Schooland Bushnell-Prairie City Elementary School.
- Go for the Gold: HealthierUS School Challenge Webinar – informative webinar to help your school achieve recognition in the HUSSC.
- You Tube video: Rock Star Nutritionist Jill Jayne Celebrates D300 in Carpentersville for the Gold Award in the HUSSC.
- You Tube Video: Part two of Jill Jayne and D300
- You Tube Video: Part three of Jill Jayne and D300
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer
This program has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Services. The content of this website does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department, nor does mention of trade names, commercial product, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government